Arena & Event
1. We reserve the right to refuse any entry for any violation of rules.
2. Absolutely no abuse to animals or persons will be tolerated. If you are found in violation of this you will be asked to leave.
3. No foul language or inappropriate behavior allowed.
4. No alcohol permitted.
5. All venue rules apply to this event.
6. Dress code will be long sleeve shirts, cowboy boots, cowboy hat or helmet. No t-shirts, ball caps or anything inappropriate for a barrel racing event. Dress code will be waived if running in a Safe Harbor Battle in the Saddle shirt.
7. No draw switch. Every horse must run in the position drawn. If you are found guilty of this, you will be disqualified and no refund granted.
8. Any horse or rider substitution will be done before the start of each race.
9. Sign ups for Open 4D close at the first big drag each day. SIgn ups for Young Guns close when first horse runs each day.
10. Any reruns will be determined by event director. Reruns will be given after fresh drag before a big drag.
11. Contestants will receive a no-time for barrel knocked over and a no-time for breaking timer or pattern.
12. Reruns shall be granted if the timer fails to work properly or if the barrels are not placed properly on the markers. Any penalties incurred on the original run shall not be applied to the rerun, however any penalty occurring on the rerun shall result in a "no time".
13. A horse may enter only 1 time per day per class unless ridden by an immediate family member (brother, sister, mother, or father). No exceptions. If one of the family members rides a different horse in that class then they cannot ride the horse the family member is riding.
14. There will be a $35.00 returned check fee for any returned checks (applies to pre-entries only). No checks accepted at show.
15. There will be a 5% fee for all credit card transactions. We will be able to take credit cards at the show.
16. As of January 1, 2016 all Buckaroo Contestants will need to have a copy of their birth certificate on file with the Safe Harbor Battle in the Saddle Show Office to verify age. They must be 12 years old on Jan 1st of the current year to compete in the 12 & Under class.
Refunds / Scratches:
A 15% charge will be applied for your scratch or draw out on all entry fees and sidepots up until 48 hours. This does not include stalls or rv hookups, they will be refunded 100%. After that 48 hour rule there will be a 25% charge on all entry fees, stall fees and rv hookups. If you provide a Vet or Doctor statement that states you or your horse can not compete for health or safety reasons, then 100% of all fees will be refunded. Statements must be provided to office with Draw Out form.
If you need a Rider Scratch or Draw out form please visit the "Forms" page.
Refunds will be mailed out the Tuesday following event to the address provided on the Draw Out Form.
Format will be as follows:
The race will consist of 3 days. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday the event consists of a Young Guns 12 and under class, an Open class, and side pots with a payout for average winners for Young Guns & Open classes.
Young Guns 12 & Under:
The Young Guns class will run first on Friday, Saturday & Sunday before the Open class. The Young Guns class consist of riders that are 12 & under as of January 1st of the present year. The average will be based on the best 2 times from Friday, Saturday & Sunday's Young class. The Young Guns class will be paid out in a 3D format, 70% payback of sign up fees with whole second splits. Number of places paid will be determined by number of entries. If the contestant is entering both the Young Guns & Open 4D their time will rollover from the Young Guns to the Open 4D daily.
Riders of any age may enter. The Open class will be paid out in a 4D format, 75% payback of sign up fees along with 100% of added money and 1/2, 1/2, whole second splits. Number of places paid will be determined by the number of entries. The Average will be based on the Best 2 times from Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
The rider side pots (youth & adult) will be paid out in a 4D format, 80% payback of sign up fees with 1/2, 1/2, whole second splits. No added money. Number of places paid will be determined by the number of entries.
Youth side pot age group will consist of any youth 18 & under as of January 1st of present year. Adult side pot will be those that are ages 19 & over as of January 1 of present year.
To be entered in a side pot you must first be entered in the Open class. Each horse and rider makes one run in the Open race. Those that entered in the side pots will have their times from the Open race carried over to the side pot. No horses actually run in the side pots, only carried times from the Open.
The Best 2 times from Friday, Saturday & Sunday's Young Guns class will be counted towards the average. Each horse that is entered will automatically be entered into the average.
Open Average will also be calculated by Friday, Saturday and Sundays runs dropping the worst time. If you choose not to run one of those days then you will not have a dropped time only the 2 runs you ran. The average will be paid out in a 4D format with 1/2, 1/2, whole second splits. The average will be paid back at 70% from $10 of Friday, Saturday & Sunday's Open entry fees along with 100% of added money. In the event of any tie the rider with the fastest time from the first day will win the award in any division. If a tie occurs on an awarded position the tie is broke by the fastest time on Saturday and if its still a tie then the fastest time on Sunday will determine the winner. If a tie is still there then the person who won the most money will prevail
High Money Awards (If Applicable)- The high money is calculated by horse and rider combination. All money won from all three days including open, side-pots, and average, on one horse will determine the winner
Points (If Applicable) - All points are awarded on a 30 point system. 1st place 30 points down to 20th. All places 11th and after will be awarded 5 points for a qualified ride. Any ties will be broke by who runs the fastest time on Friday. If that's a tie then it will go to the fastest time on Saturday if that's a tie it will be the fastest time on Sunday. If that's a tie then it will be determined by the most money won for the weekend. This applies to yearend awards as well with time being broken by the fastest time at the first show then the second show if that was a tie and so on
format pays out as follows & applies only to the Buckaroo class:
1st division = 50%
2nd division = 30%
3rd division = 20%
Number of places paid per division will be determined by the number of riders as follows:
1 - 10 riders = 1 place
11- 15 riders = 2 places
16 - 30 riders = 3 places
31 - 60 riders = 4 places
format pays out as follows & applies to the Open class,
side pots, & average.
1D = 30%
2D = 27%
3D = 23%
4D = 20%.
Number of places paid per division will be determined
by the number of riders as follows:
1 -19 riders = 1 place
20-29 riders = 2 places
30-59 riders = 3 places
60-125 riders = 4 places
126-140 riders = 5 places
141 - 175 riders = 6 places
176 - 215 riders = 7 places
216 - 255 riders = 8 places
256 - 295 riders = 9 places
296 - 340 riders = 10 places
341 - 380 riders = 11 places
381 - 415 riders = 12 places
416 - 495 riders = 13 places
496 - 535 riders = 14 places
536 + riders = 15 places
*** If a check is lost and needs to be re-issued, it can be recut but a fee of $18.00 will be charged for stop payment.
*** If a check is damaged or no longer valid due to it being an old check then if the check is returned to our office we can recut it for for free.
Entry Forms / Draws
Payout / Awards
Entry Forms / Draws
- When filling out your entry form(s) please list your horses in order of the way you wish to run them.
- Make sure to use the same name per horse each time you enter. If you use their registered name one day and their barn name the next, the system will automatically determine these are 2 different horses. To ensure that it stays correct for the Average & High Money Awards be sure the name is correct. If you are unsure which name you used previously put their registered name and then their barn name in quotations.
- Please be sure that you run your horses in the way they are listed on your entry form & on the draw. Otherwise the Average or High Money Awards will not be correct because of swapping horses.
- If you are running multiple horses and you want your last horse(s) in the late draws, please write “Late Draw” by the horse(s) name(s) on your entry form. Otherwise they will be entered and drawn in the same draw. The system automatically tries to give riders with multiple horses ample space between runs, but if you are wanting to ensure even more time, we need to know before they are entered in the system.
- If you have a horse with special needs, such as medicines given, and you need them to be in the late draw, please mark “Late Draw” beside the horse(s) name on your entry form(s).
- To ensure that you are in the first draw(s) of the barrel race per day, you can pre-enter online, arrive earlier to the barrel race or fill out all entry information for the multiple days on the first day you arrive. Pre-entries will be put in first for the draw. Again, if you are needing your horse(s) to run in the late draw, please put that in the “notes / comments” section of the online entry form.
- If you arrive to the barrel race and the first draw has already been posted you will be added onto the next draw.
- If you see a “99999 (Not D)” beside your name, it means that you have not been put in the first draw. You will be added on the next draw, or the late draw.
- PLEASE make sure to fill out all the information needed on your entry form. Name, Full Address, Phone. This information is needed to mail checks or awards that are not picked up at the show. If this information is left incomplete, it will delay arrival to you.
- Make sure that if you are entering a sidepot, you check the correct box at the top of your entry form. Youth ages -18 & Under, Adult ages – 19 and over. These are the ages as of Jan 1 of the present year.
- Please make sure to write your BBR# or other sanctioning #’s on the form to ensure that we have the correct information. If that is left blank, we can not get that information sent in.
Payout / Awards
- It will be announced at the show when the checks or awards are ready for pick up. Times have to be verified and checks have to be printed once the class is over. We work as quickly as possible to get them ready for you to be picked up.